Charities | Ethical Investment
Ethical Investing for Charities
> Ethical Investment Charities
At Churchill Ethical Investment we are able to help charities invest ethically and to design appropriate ethical investment strategies for charity trustees.
With increased pressure for trustees to consider ethical investments for their charities, professional help is often required.
The investment strategy we design for your charity will be in line with the compliance guidelines issued by the Charity Commission in relation to the extent to which ethical considerations can be taken into account when investing charity funds.
> If you are a Charity Trustee we can:
- Review your charity’s existing investments in order to identify potential conflicts with your charitable values and aims. We are happy to provide you with a free report providing this information.
- Clarify why you are considering investing your charity’s funds ethically;
- Develop a detailed investment policy document in written format in order to ensure that your investment procedures meet with Charity Commission guidelines;
- Identify ethical investments which are in keeping with your charity’s aims and objectives. For example, many charities avoid investing in the “sin sectors”-alcohol, tobacco, gambling, pornography and armament companies.
- Manage your charity’s funds through an ethically screened investment portfolio.
- Help you find the best cash account for your charity’s cash using sophisticated software.
We are happy to design bespoke investment portfolios and to manage bespoke ethical portfolios for charities which are designed around their specific ethical concerns and financial objectives.
We actively encourage trustee input in the design and management of these portfolios. We see having a thorough understanding of the issues which are of greatest concern to your charity as being of paramount importance and look to ensure that we work in partnership with you over the long-term.
> Why Churchill Ethical Investment?
We are one of only a few companies who are able to analyse your charities current investments using ethical criteria.
We are able to do this because we subscribe and utilsie a compressive database which is provided to us by EIRIS who are a leading global provider of company Environmental, Social and Governance investment data (http://www.eiris.org/about-us/).
- Honest, transparent well qualified professionals
- Direct contact with the people manging your money
- Experts in ethical investing including PhD’s and Chartered Wealth Mangers
- Members of the Ethical Investment Association and UK Social Investment Forum